donderdag 17 mei 2007

Rose's crescents


Was the next recipe to try. I picked these cookies because something plain, buttery and sweet most often turns out to be a favorite for me. Before mixing the dough, that called for a small amount of blanched, sliced almonds that had to be ground, I wondered if I should toast them. As the recipe didn't specify that, I skipped the toasting. The dough had to rest for two hours in the fridge, then had to be portioned, cut and formed into crescents. It was a bit time consuming, but fun anyways :o). The dough seemed to work better when chilled, so I stuck the cookies in the fridge after molding, waiting for their turn in the oven. I was a little suspicious because the little dough crescents didn't even resemble the picture in the book, but just carried on.


I baked them (specified time was exactly right), rolled them in superfine sugar combined with cinnamon as directed, and they looked as if they had come right out of the book. I personally found them delicious. One of the most delicate cookies I ever tried. Buttery, sweet, and a hint of almond (and I decided the cookie would benefit from toasting the nuts first, so I'll do that next time). I rate them 8 out of 10, but my husband labeled them 'good but a little dry' and said 7 out of 10.


Now off to pick out the next recipe!

Geen opmerkingen: