vrijdag 20 juli 2007

Truckloads of plums


A very nice coworker of Marco told him to stop by to get some plums, as he was drowning in them and didn't know what to do with them anymore. We went home with three humongous buckets of plums. They are really nice too and completely organic!
So I made plum tarts. It's one of my dad's favorite tarts, and I figured what would be a better occasion that his birthday to treat him to it? So I baked two, in an effort to use up some of the plums (still two buckets left, LOL!). My hands look like I've been working in a coal mine, but the house smells like cinnamon and life is good :o).


That powdery stuff you see on the plums is just the cinnamon sugar, not yet completely melted into the plums. I promiss it's not just icky flour that should have gone in the dough!

I got to make thank you cookies as an added bonus, for which I picked ' chocolate oatmeal cherry cookies' from Big, fat cookis (again) and they are wickedly big and nice. Still not serious competition for those chocolate cookies (will I ever stop swooing over these cookies?!), but nice nonetheless. Hope they like 'em!

Geen opmerkingen: